Image Map

Friday, July 31, 2015

Five for Friday


This was the last full week off before school starts. This summer has really flown by! I can't believe I'll be back for Teacher Week on Monday, and then meeting my new group of Corriganites the Monday after that. Where does the time go?



Matt and I took a weekend trip to Long Beach and Catalina Island this past weekend. I am so bad about taking pictures, but here is a little peek at our trip! 



We were able to go snorkeling on Catalina Island in the Dive Park. It was a lot of fun and we were able to see a TON of goldfish! The water was really warm, and we ended up not needing the wet suits. 



The private beach club after they closed. It is such a beautiful island, and I can't wait to go back!






Our dishwasher broke earlier this month, and now it if FINALLY fixed! It's about time.. I was getting so tired of washing all the dishes by hand! I can honestly say that I have never been more excited to load and unload the dishwasher. 





This is pretty much what my sink looked like for the past month. I am SO happy that it is finally empty and clean!! 



I told myself I wasn't going to go in to my classroom this week, but I just couldn't stay away! I love having time off, but teaching is my passion so I can never stay away from it too long! I'm thankful that I went in because I remembered my room being in A LOT better condition than it really was. I didn't take any pictures because I'm saving it for my classroom reveal post next week once it's all put together so stop by next week to see it all put together!





The cutting begins.. Oh wait, it never really ended. 



Hello, my name is Caitlin and I'm a shopaholic. 



I went back to school shopping a few days this week. There were so many great sales going on that I just had to stock up on things now while they're cheap. Soo.. it all works out in the end, right? 


Buckets on sale for 70% off at Michaels. I'm not sure how I'll use these yet, but I'll figure it out! #thinkoutsidethebox



Pack of 3 mini notebooks at the Dollar Tree. I'm not sure how I'll use these yet, but I'm challenging myself to get creative this year. 



Canvas bags at Michaels for 49 cents each. I might use them as book bags, but I haven't decided anything for sure yet. It's just another thing to be creative with and I know hope I'll think of something!



I have these shoes in black from Payless so it was time to get another pair of comfortable flats. #shoeaddict


Of course, I had to get the heels, too. 


For all the teachers starting school on Monday - Good luck with your first day of school!! I wish you all the best for this upcoming year! 

2 comments:

  1. Ummm! 70% off the buckets! I have to check this out! Fingers crossed they still have some. Catalina is a great place! It's so relaxing. Good luck this school year!

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you were able to pick up some buckets! The past few years they've sold out super fast. Good luck with your year, too!

    ReplyDelete