Image Map

Friday, July 29, 2016

Five Reasons Why I'm Excited for the New School Year

This is my last Five for Friday post during the summer. Teachers go back on Monday, and we will be completely starting from scratch since we got new carpet over the summer. Yikes!

That being said, here are five reasons why I'm excited for this school year:



As much as it freaks me out to put my room back together in a week, I am excited to start from scratch! I moved into a room that was completely filled with lots of teacher materials, and everything up on the walls so this is the first time that I'll get to start fresh. 

I've decided to do an ocean theme in my room this year, and since I cannot get into my room here are some things that I'd like to do as I set up my room:

Click the image to view the original source.


Click the image to view the original source. 

Next week I will be in panic mode while I set everything set up, but I am so excited to see how it looks when it's all put together!


This summer I read Explore Like a Pirate, which is about gamifying your classroom. Every Tuesday Rachael at Sweet Sweet Primary hosted a linky where we would post our thoughts about each chapter. This book was so inspiring, and I've come up with a bunch of great ideas for how I can gamify my room. I can't wait to start the new "game" with my students, and share how it goes with all of you!



Check out the old posts below, and make sure you stop by on Tuesday for the last chapter!










I had so much fun with my first giveaway, that I had to have another! Enter ASAP to win a $10 TpT gift card. I will email the winner on August 2nd. 






I'm looking forward to having a sense of purpose again. I love having the opportunity to take a break from work throughout the year, but starting sometime in July I get really bored with summer vacation. I mean, it’s nice to travel and relax, but sitting around with nothing to do too many days in a row really takes its toll on me. I like the feeling of having something to do, and something to keep my brain engaged. It was going all summer anyway, but summer doesn’t bring the same challenges as managing 30 beasts children all at once!



Last but not least, the students! I can't wait to meet my new group of Corriganites, and to see the old ones, too. Especially since I dyed my hair red over the summer, and I can't wait to see their reactions to my new look. 



Click the image to go back to the linky. 

2 comments:

  1. I love ocean themes and have thought about doing that in the past! I'm sure you will love the fresh start!

    Jamie
    Life As I Know It

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas you have so far! A fresh start is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete