Image Map

Friday, September 11, 2015

Five for Friday




Happy Friday! 



You know that means it's time for...





These past few weeks have been absolutely INSANE! I know you all understand since you're in the same boat. There never are enough hours in the day at the beginning of the school year.. Am I right?! 


Since my days have been mostly about trying to get the gigantic pile of papers off my desk and out of my life - my weeks have not been all that exciting. This Five for Friday is more like a Five for the Past Three Fridays. :)







My godparents came to visit from Florida, and we had a fun little lunch with them at Buca di Beppo. 






I'm in the middle of planning the my first Parent Night for all 2nd grade parents. I hope that this will help answer the questions parents have about how to help their child, things they'll learn in 2nd grade, and all of the field trips we'll go on this year. I'm not used to speaking in front of a large group of adults so I'm a little nervous. #wishmeluck


I'll post about how it goes in a week or so! As soon as I find an extra minute to sit down and write the post.. I know all of you understand how crazy life is right now! #tiredteacher





I have only received a few Stitch Fixes, but I am hooked! 




You know when you get this email that it's going to be a great week! One of these days I will have to write my post about all of the super cute finds I have bought from Stitch Fix. My stylist has been on point each time! Monica, you rock! 







We were able to escape the heat here in Phoenix for a few days in Flagstaff. It sure doesn't feel like Fall here yet - we're all still burning up with temperatures over 100 degrees. 






I FINALLY put up my first Donors Choose Project! 



We read all about Frog and Toad in 2nd grade, so why not learn the nonfiction side about it, too? My goal is to get a frog habitat so we can learn about the life cycle of a frog by watching the frog go through it's life cycle, and reading books about it to make sure we understand. What better way to bring learning to life, then to literally bring something to life? 




My project was funded within a week, and I cannot wait to get started! I hope that this will end up being an engaging and informative learning experience for my students. I mean, it has the engagement, science and literacy integration, and I didn't have to personally pay for it. What more can you want?


Enjoy the weekend! We have definitely earned a break!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely share your Stitch Fix experiences! I have thought about trying it, but am nervous it might be too expensive for my teacher salary budget! LOL

    Carlee Van Ness
    The Kindergarten Press

    ReplyDelete