Image Map

Friday, July 24, 2015

Five for Friday

I'm linking up (hopefully I'll figure out how to do this..) with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!





I have *officially* started this blogging adventure. It has been on my mind for years so I am SUPER excited to have everything up and running. I have learned so much from reading blogs and it has helped me become a better teacher. I am just so excited to get started and share my crazy ideas with all of you! 




This summer I was able to meet with my team to plan for the upcoming school year. It has been really helpful to get on the same page ahead of time. We met this past week to map out math for the year and decide how to set up our Parent Night. The school brings the parents in a lot over the first few weeks of school, but a Parent Night (or Open House, Curriculum Night, etc) is not one of those school wide events. My team mate and I decided that it would still be a good idea to give them information about 2nd grade and strategies to help their child at home. Parents end up having a ton of questions at the first round of conferences, and I hope that this will save a lot of time at conferences so I don't have to explain the same strategies to each parent that comes in! 





It is so hard for me to work out during the school year so I make an extra effort to go to the gym during breaks. I've been trying to run 10 miles total throughout the week, and I finally did it this week! I want to get into the gym more often during the school year, and I am going to make an effort to go to the gym during the week. Hopefully it'll last throughout the year!


I even set a new personal record! Woo hoo!






I might be a little crazy, but I've already started back to school prep. I wanted to get a jump start on centers for the beginning of the year. Hey, I like to think of it as being prepared! Does it EVER end?






I'm definitely a Netflix binge watcher. Right now I've been binge watching Sons of Anarchy, and W.O.W! I'm almost finished with Season 3 now and I can't wait to see what happens with the rest of the show!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting your blogging adventure! It's a little bit scary at first, but it gets easier the more you post. I haven't met with my team to plan yet, but I hope to do so before summer ends. It's going by so quickly! Thanks for sharing your five things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! I hope you are able to plan with your team before you go back to school. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world-- I just started at the beginning of July. It's been interesting so far!

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on starting your blogging adventure! It's nice to meet another blogging newbie. Good luck with your blog!

      Delete