Image Map

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Big Bad Detective Agency Literature Circle

I love reading "real" books with my students! That sounds so weird to say, but teaching from a basal reader makes this even more important. 


I remember when I was in elementary school I hated reading for the longest time. I thought it was so boring to read from the basal reader, round robin, blah blah blah. The stories were boring, and I hated "following along" with the other kids who couldn't read. It was the absolute worst!


This is why I love love love Literature Circles! Students are doing "real" reading and *hopefully* reading something that they enjoy. They can read on their own so they don't have to "follow along" with students who read faster or slower than they do. 




This resource includes 2 spelling lists, a vocabulary list and activities, book club pages, and a writing prompt at the end. Everything you need to get started with this literature circle in your classroom! AND it is on sale for 20% off until the end of the week! Click the image to check it out in my TpT store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment