Image Map

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Classroom Reveal 2015 - 2016

I LOVE looking at classroom pictures! There are so many great ideas out there it is hard to figure out which ones will work best for your teaching style and group of students. My classroom is still a work in progress, and to be perfectly honest it probably always will be. So stick with me through all of these pictures in my classroom reveal!

P.S. I took these pictures after the first day of school. I literally did not have an extra second to take pictures of my room, and I snapped a few quick pics before I left on the first day of school.
View looking directly in from the door
View standing in the doorway looking left.

Word Wall and cabinets.  
 Just don't look in the cabinets.. It's a little scary in there.

I got rid of my teacher desk, so I have a small computer desk and use my horseshoe table as my work area. 

After the first day of school the messiest desk in the room is mine, ha! The first day couldn't have been that bad then, right?


Desk area
 It's not the most "pinworthy" picture, but it is realistic. I'm all about keeping it real!
SMARTBoard area
We are required to have a color coded grammar wall in my school district, and the parts of speech need to be in a particular order. It's not the cutest thing in the world, but it is beneficial for the ELL students.
Wall of Fame and Super Improver Area
I am planning to have a "Wall of Fame" with pictures of my students and a speech bubble saying what they want to be when they grow up. I am hoping that I can use this to motivate them and encourage good behavior. I use color coded cards for students as "super improvers" where students move up to the next level after earning 5 hole punches on their super improver cards. I think that will be a separate post sometime this year!

Math Wall
Most of the blank space on this wall will be used for anchor charts.

Reading Fluency Wall and part of my Reading wall.
By the end of 2nd grade our students are expected to read 111 words a minute. It is a very high standard, but I believe it is achievable if teachers and parents work together as a team. I use this bulletin board to motivate students to become the best readers they can be!

The word work bulletin board holds our phonics (spelling) words and high frequency words that students are expected to read, write, and spell correctly.

Reading bulletin board
This is the rest of my reading bulletin board, and the blank space will be used to hold anchor charts. The crazy grey box holds our CHROMEBOOKS! I am so excited to have a chromebook cart in my room since I love love love to integrate technology!


Small Science bulletin board. The clothespins hold anchor charts or student work - really just whatever makes sense with what we are learning about in class.



This bulletin board will hold picture of students breaking rules to discourage them from doing it again.




I AM TOTALLY KIDDING! 




It will hold words that are "rule breakers" and don't follow any spelling pattern. I am hoping it'll be an ongoing list that we can add to and reference throughout the year. My goal is that by making a big deal about adding a "rule breaker" to the cart the students will remember to 1. check the chart for words and 2. remember how to spell it. It's my first year doing something like this, so I hope that it'll come in handy!

Library and Writing Wall
Cubbies and Student Work Wall

Social Studies Bulletin Board and Theme Books
My goal is to check out books that are related to what we are learning about in Science or Social Studies that students can pick up to read here. I have a lot of capable readers in my room, and I want to make sure that they are challenged and engaged in learning!

Well, that's my classroom for this year! It is still a work in progress, and every year I change a little bit more. It's like improving your teaching craft - you keep what works and change what doesn't. 

What is your favorite part of your classroom? (Mine is my library since it has taken 3 years to organize!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment