Image Map

Friday, February 24, 2017

Volunteer Appreciation

My team and I do a big fundraiser and sell Otter Pops during Field Day Week. I wrote all about it here and here

Only downside of this fundraiser, is that it happens during school hours. I can't exactly leave my class alone to go run it, so I beg send out parents to help me run it! 

We have a few parents who run the thing all day, and every day during the week. Of course, there are some who can only help out for an hour or so.. I'll take any help I can get to run this thang! I really believe that a little bit of appreciation goes a long way. So we make sure to get thank you notes and gifts for all those involved in helping out. 






The cafeteria ladies help us with freezing the otter pops. This sounds a bit more complicated than it is since these things don't freeze in the box! Noooooo. You have to lay them out flat and they take several hours (at least!) to freeze. When you sell 1,000 otter pops a day... this adds up pretty fast. So the cafeteria ladies received a card with a thank you note from each 2nd grade teacher, coffee, a plant, and pastries. 



There were some volunteers who helped out during the week quite a bit, and they received a card with a thank you note from each 2nd grade teacher, a starbucks gift card, and hand lotion. 



The other volunteers who helped out when they could received this card and Extra gum with a thank you from all the teachers. 

I really believe a little appreciation goes a long way.... and who knows? Maybe I can convince them to help me out again next year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment