Image Map

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

How I Gamified My Classroom - First Quarter Edition

This summer I read Explore Like a Pirate by Michael Matera. It gave me a bunch of great ideas to make my classroom more fun and engaging. Some are definitely more easy than others, but in the end I think they would all be worth it! 


Anyways, I decided to take baby steps. I tried out a few ideas during the first quarter, and I can't wait to share them all with you! Rather than write one looooooooong post about the things I tried, I decided to break it down into several smaller posts. 


In the upcoming weeks I'll write about how I used different game mechanics in my classroom. I'll write about what worked well, what didn't, and what I'd change.


Join me next Wednesday, 10/19, as I talk ramble on about: Items!


Oh, and if you're interested in learning more about gamification, check out these posts:

A Whale of a Tale: Theme and Storytelling

Pulleys, Ropes, and Rigging: Game Mechanics to Outfit any Journey

Tools and Treasures: Stockpiling Items and Earning Badges

X Marks the Spot: Finding Joy in Playful Assessment

No comments:

Post a Comment