Image Map

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Five for Fraturday

I'm a day late linking up with Kacey over at Doodlebugs Teaching for Five for Friday.  Hey, it's summer and I don't know what day it is! 


Once a year we buy tickets at Fridays Front Row to watch a Diamondbacks game. Bad news: I forgot to take pictures of the night. Good news: The Diamondbacks won! Woo hoo!





This week we discussed Chapter 5 in Explore Like a Pirate, which is all about the different types of gamers you may find in your class. It was the most informative chapter so far, and you can read all about it here.

Check back on Tuesday to read about Chapter 6, which introduces how to set up the "story" of your game. It is by far my favorite chapter so far - you won't want to miss out!







Can I leave for a vacation already? Counting down the minutes...






This word is like nails on the chalkboard to me, but unfortunately documentation seems to be a necessary evil in the education system right now. When you have a difficult class, or an extremely difficult student, documentation will become your best friend! Read about my suggestions for what to document to get the student the help they need, and also to protect yourself here





Friday night I was able to have my mother and godparents over for dinner. Good food, good times, and good people. It doesn't get any better than that, right?



Oh my gosh.. There are only 3 more Fridays until I go back to school. Where has the time gone?!



Click the image to go back to the linky.

4 comments:

  1. Ack! Three more Fridays? That's quick. I go back on the 27th of August, and my students start the 29th. My favorite thing about summer is having so much time to spend with family and friends. It's great that you got to have family over for dinner. Have a good week!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spending time with family and friends is my favorite thing about summertime, too. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your documentation post! I clicked right on it and read the whole post! PERFECT! The journal entry is definitely great! I will start using it this school year if I need to :)
    3 more Fridays??? NOO! Well I went to Target 2 days ago and all the Back to School stuff was going on the shelves! Crazy!
    :)
    Magically in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post, but I hope that you don't need to use the journal entry this school year! I cannot believe that back to school stuff is already out at Target. I don't need any more temptation to visit their dollar spot! Enjoy your summer!

      Delete