Image Map

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

How I'd Like to Gamify my Classroom in 2nd Quarter

So these past few weeks I've written about how I added game elements to my class during the First Quarter. This post is all about the things I'm *hoping* to add to my class this quarter.


1. Characters

I outlined these great characters over the summer, and didn't get around to introducing them in the first quarter. I hope to break them out sometime during quarter 2!

2. Introduce New Mini Games

The main games we've played in my class have been Sink or Swim, Mystery Boxes, and Danger Cards. It's time to introduce some new ones, and I think the next one up will be Math Football.


Click the image to view this FREEBIE in my TpT Store!


3. Breakout Kit

I haven't decided if I'm actually going to buy this kit, or come up with a spin on it. I love the idea of using team work to unlock clues, and I'm determined to figure out a way to make it work!


P.S. - If you're reading this thinking it'll be too much work, just know that this is not something we do every day or even every week. I'm all about making learning fun when I can, but I'm also equally for making your life easier as a teacher. With all of things that we have to do, we want our lives to be easier and not take on something that'll be more time and energy than it's worth. I've written about some other ways I gamified my classroom during the first quarter, and I tried to keep them as easy as possible. That being said, it's also not something we do all day or even every day. I don't want it to lose some of its “magic” so it will feel like something special for as long as possible. These are just little baby steps I've taken to add some more fun elements to my class!

If you've added these elements into your classroom, let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear suggestions to make it run smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment