Image Map

Friday, June 24, 2016

Five Things I'm Looking Forward To

This past week has been pretty low key, so this week's Five for Friday post is about "Five Things I'm Looking Forward To". 





One thing I'm excited to do, but haven't done yet this summer is TRAVEL! I can't wait to head to California and up North to Flagstaff to escape from the heat. Vacay time won't get here soon enough!





I'm in the middle of reading Explore Like a Pirate, and this book has definitely got my teacher brain going! It has given a lot of ideas to use this next year in my classroom, and I'm so excited to see how they all play out! If you missed the first few posts in the linky you can check them out below:




Don't miss out on Chapter 4 next Tuesday! It's all about The New Language of Learning.







I just discovered Liane Moriarty, and am in the middle of reading this book. It's the first book of hers that I've read, and it definitely won't be the last. I can't wait to see how it ends, so if you know - no spoilers!



I can never just sit around during the summer, so I usually load up on professional development classes. I just finished one called Motivating Students to Learn. It wasn't what I thought it was, but it was a brush up on some basic Kagan Structures. One of my favorites that I do all the time with my class is called Quiz Quiz Trade. 




I usually use it to practice high frequency words, but I love the idea for using it with math. My teacher brain just never shuts off!








Have you read my tips for dealing with a difficult class? I sure learned a lot this past year.. so if you are so *lucky* to get "class" this year make sure you read the series!






Join me on Wednesday to read about Kids on the "Fence"!


Thanks Kacey for hosting the linky! Click the image to read more Five for Friday posts. 

2 comments:

  1. Liane Moriarty is the best! Perfect for summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be driving through Flagstaff in a couple of weeks. It's so pretty there! :)

    ReplyDelete