Image Map

Friday, May 13, 2016

Five for Friday

How many more Fridays until the end of school? #1moretogo 

Hang in there teachers! We can finish strong!






My birthday is around the same time as Mother's Day, so my mom and I always celebrate these things together. This year we went to a place called Painting With a Twist, and they showed us how to make these paintings. I was a little worried because I am definitely NOT an artist, but I think I will actually be able to hang this painting up somewhere. 






This week I taught a class for the incoming 2nd graders' families called "Dig Into Learning This Summer". My team mate and I showed strategies and provided the families games so we can keep the kiddos learning over the summer. I won't go into too much detail here, since I have a blog post all about this in the works... So check back on Monday!

 I was in such a hurry to get everything all set up that this was the only picture I was able to take from the event! It was WAY more interesting than it looks in this picture! #itaketheworstpictures



I turned 25 this past week. Yikes.... I can't believe this milestone is already here! Anyways...

My students are always interested in knowing how old I am. I tell them that I will only tell them how old I am on my birthday, so when my birthday finally arrives they are super excited to finally figure out how old I am. But I can't make it that easy for them! 



In the past, I have had students solve math problems in order to figure out how old I am. This year, with packing up our rooms (see number 4) things have been SO crazy that I am constantly feeling behind. So, throughout the day I gave the kiddos clues that they could use to figure out my age. 


And later my amazing boyfriend cooked dinner for me! This is the 2nd time he's done this in almost 6 years.. It turned out pretty dang good, too! #ilovehim





This summer we are getting new carpets, and we are not allowed in the school building at all the entire summer. We have to turn in our keys and everything, and once we do we need to be completely out! It's been so sad taking everything down, but seeing the room completely bare is giving me tons of new ideas for ways to arrange and decorate the room. I can't wait to get back in there all fresh from relaxing all summer and set things up in a new and hopefully better way. Stay tuned!


It is so strange being in my room with WHITE walls! I have never seen my room this blank, even when I first moved into this classroom 3 years ago. 



I couldn't just leave the walls completely empty until the last day of school. So for the time being, I put up our 2nd Grade Rocks! posters. I mean, they are too cute to NOT have on the walls. 



I absolutely love this activity. It was so sweet to walk around and read what the kiddos wrote about me, as well as see their rockin' guitars. It makes me want to do a "Rock and Roll" theme next year, although I'm not sure how I'll pull that off... Give me time and it'll come to me!

Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I've always wanted to try one of those painting places!

    Sarah
    The Designer Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep wanting to go to one of those painting places! It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I remember turning 25... I think... it's so long ago... more than a quarter of a century ago! Love the Rockin' posters! I bet your kiddos loved making them.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete