Image Map

Friday, May 20, 2016

Five for Friday

This is my last Friday of the school year, so I HAD to link up again for Five for Friday. Summer is so close.. I can almost taste it! #2moredays







To celebrate my birthday, which was last week, Matt and I went to Catalina Island. It was perfect timing - just enough of a trip to get you through the year and REALLY excited for summer. #2moredays

Check back on Monday to read more about my trip to Catalina Island!





"Once a Corriganite, Always a Corriganite"! I say this to my group every year because they will always be Corriganites and I will always care about them as the years go by, as they switch schools, and as they grow up and move on. My former students never fail to say this to me when they unexpectedly give me hugs in the hallway. It sure makes my teacher heart happy!

Putting together end of year student gifts always makes me a bit sad. As happy and excited as I am for summer, it makes me think back to all the good times we had over the past year. I truly consider these littles my kids so it is always sad to see them go!



I hope they like their books this year!




Packing up the room in time for the last day of school is really making it difficult to teach. Well that and the fact that we only have now 2 more days until summer vacation! I just can't stand looking at the blank walls so I keep putting up cute little crafts so we don't have to stare at empty walls all day. I hope it balances out all the packing and cleaning were doing during the day!




How cute are these from Fun in First?








This one has to be my favorite though.


I mean, how darling is this? 






Have you ever heard of Lularoe? One of the teachers at my school held a pop up boutique and I got these cute skirts and dresses that are perfect for teaching! Not too expensive + cute but professional = perfect!

Disclaimer: I never take selfies... especially mirror selfies, so this was a little hard for me. So... don't judge me!

Super comfortable and stretchy pencil skirt. 




Soft and flowy skirt with POCKETS! I'm in love with the pockets. 

Red flowy dress with pockets. Yay, pockets!



We made our writing portfolios this week, which will take all of the fun projects we've done this year home.  They were so excited to see all of their projects again!



Here's how to make them:

1. You will need 1 large brown paper bag.

2. Cut the entire bottom square off. 

3. Staple the bottom together. 

4. Fold the top over. 

5. Cut the inside fold off, so when you open it you can slide word samples in easily.



P.S. Sorry I don't have any pictures.. This can get a little confusing for the kiddos, especially at the end of the year, so I did not have the time to snap pictures of the process. 



Here are some that the students made:










Happy Friday! We can make it until summer.. Hang in there teachers!


1 comment:

  1. I love those writing portfolios! Enjoy your last few days!

    ReplyDelete