Image Map

Friday, May 27, 2016

Five for Friday

I can't believe it is already time for another Five for Friday. Here are some highlights from my week!











Summer is finally here!






We made a video about what teachers really do during the summer, and this is how it turned out. The kids absolutely LOVED it, and it was fun to make! 










This summer my school is going to get new carpet, so that means everything needs to be packed up and off the floor. Translation: shove anything and everything into the cabinets. When you run out of room - shove everything on top of the cubbies and on top of the cabinets.





In addition to packing everything up, we had to take all of our bulletin boards down so the walls can get painted. So my room is empty and blank! I guess that means that I can do a completely new room arrangement and color scheme. Hmmmmm.. what do do, what to do.. Stay tuned! 




 



What better way to start the summer than with the arrival of Stitch Fix?





This was a hard year, but it pushed me to become a better teacher. It made me start thinking of all the things I learned along the way, and how I can't keep them to myself. When you get "that" class, you need all the resources you can get in your toolkit, so I decided to share things I learned over the course of the year about having a difficult class. I initially planned on writing one post, but it started to get super long so I decided to turn it into a summer series! Each week this summer I have a post about one aspect of having a difficult class. My first post went up this past week, and my next post will be on the blog on Wednesday, June 1st. Check back then to get some tips for dealing with the difficult class!

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Love how you turned a negative into a positive...I'll be coming back to check out your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be checking those blog posts out as well!! The leap frog segment of the video was hilarious!! Enjoy your summer! Hope the reno of the building turns out well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video is too funny! Happy beginning of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are sitting in the same renovation boat! I have never been happier than when I got the last set of books off the shelves in the media center and onto the cafeteria tables so the contractors could roll them out to put down new carpet and paint! I got my workout at school for about 2 weeks....no need for the gym at all!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your video is hilarious!!!!!! My kids were watching over my shoulder, and my daughter was giggling like a fiend. I think I need to suggest this to my principal! No way am I leapfrogging though! I draw the line at that one! :)
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete